Siavosh Jalili, Persian2English - For the third time nine days ago, the death sentence for Safieh Ghafouri (a.k.a. Maryam), a 28-year-old woman who has been imprisoned in Adel Abad prison in Shiraz since 2006, was supposed to be carried out. At the age of 22, Ghafouri was arrested and charged with murder. Recently, following the efforts of benevolent people and Ghafouri’s lawyers, judicial authorities agreed to postpone the execution order for 10 days to allow Ghafouri the opportunity to secure the consent of the victim’s family [to have her life spared]. The 10-day period ends on June 10, and there is a possibility that the execution order may be carried out if consent is not granted by the victim’s family or if an order is not obtained from the Head of Judiciary for a stay of execution.
Freedom Messenger - According to local authorities in western Nimroz province the dead bodies of three Afghans who were hanged in Iran were handed over to their families.
- Journalist Farshad Aswad Arrested On His Way Out Of The Country
- At least 8 prisoners executed in Iran, one day after EU expressed concern about the alarming number
- Iranian youth publicly whipped for drinking alcohol
- Stop Cooperating with the Islamic Republic
- Three prisoners were executed in Iran today - 58 executions in 7 days in Iran
- Two prisoners hanged in central Iran
- 26 Prisoners Executed in Iran: 10 Official and 16 Unofficial Executions in Three Prisons
- One prisoner was hanged in western Iran today
- Scientist Dr. Omid Kokabi Is Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison For Refusing To Cooperate With IRGC
- Scientist’s alleged assassin hanged
Page 10 of 19