The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran - Several Mahabad citizens arrested in February have been released on bail from Mahabad Prison over the past several weeks, a local source told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran. Two detainees, Farough Samani and his cousin Reza Samani, however, remain in “temporary detention” in a state of limbo. Another Kurdish citizen, Khedr Rasoul Morovat, remains in the custody of security forces 70 days after his arrest.
Roozonline - The Iranian calendar year turned into a new year on the first day of spring - March 20th - as it does every year. So this is a time of reflection on many issues and for many people in the country. For students and university professionals, this was the year when they witnessed unprecedented onslaught on the student movement and activities. But even though the battles between students and the establishment are not new the situation is neither settled nor calm. Students have had to pay with greater costs for every change that has come about, they had been arrested, expelled, denied the right to continue or launch a university education, or have even been murdered.
Radio Zamaneh - Monavar Hashemi, the mother of jailed student activist Majid Dori, has expressed grave concern regarding her son’s condition in jail and she is urging the authorities to grant him sick leave.
Committee of Human Rights Reporters – According to news sources a student blogger from Fars province was detained in the city of Shiraz last Wednesday.
Radio Zamaneh - An opposition website reports concerns over the whereabouts of jailed student activist Zia Nabavi, who after being summoned to court last Tuesday was not returned to his cell.
HRANA News Agency– Officials issued 900 million tomans bail for Abolfazl Abedini's medical furlough and prevented him to take his university exams.
HRANA News Agency – Recently, prison authorities has rejected imprisoned student and human rights activist, Mehdi Khdoaei's request for medical leave.
The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran - Two years since the arrest and subsequent imprisonment of Iranian physicist and student Omid Kokabee, scientific societies are redoubling their efforts to secure his release. Students from the University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) have released a short film about his situation.
HRANA News Agency – Etela'at ministry of Iranian islamic government prevented of a Kurdish student of business management faculty to continue his studies.
- Imprisoned Student Activist Arash Sadeghi In Dire Condition In Ward 209 Of Evin Prison
- Vahid Asghari’s Death Sentence Was Confirmed/ Case Sent back to the Supreme Court Again
- Iranian students to be marked on appearance
- Student activist, Amir Chamani resident of Tabriz has been detained
- Iran: Mark National Student Day by freeing prisoners of conscience
- Iran's activists jailed and beaten for speaking out
- No information about the detained student, Mohsen Ghashghai Zadeh
- Student Activist’s Psychological Health Suffers at Evin
- Three Iranian Sunni M.D. students were fired with no certification
- Students in Iran face growing clampdown as academic year begins
Page 1 of 6