Amnesty - The trial of satirical cartoonist Atena Farghadani and her lawyer on a charge of "illegitimate sexual relations falling short of adultery" after they shook hands is not only absurd and extreme but clearly politically motivated, said Amnesty International ahead of the General Criminal Court session starting tomorrow in Tehran.
Amnesty - Iranian human rights defender Narges Mohammadi's trial on national security-related
charges will begin on 6 October in Tehran. She is still being denied the specialized
medical care she requires. She is a prisoner of conscience.
change.org - Bahareh and I were giddy with excitement that summer day in 2008. Our wedding ceremony was just a day away. But Iranian authorities raided Bahareh's house and took her to prison. We have since spent just a year together.
HRANA News Agency – Shokoufeh Azar, civil rights activist, is more than 4 months under detention without scheduled court session and is being kept in women's ward of Evin prison.
HRANA News Agency – The mental condition of Nahid Gorji is reported "bad and severely depressive" in the 12th month under detention.
Radiozamaneh - Jailed human rights activist Nargess Mohammadi has written to the head of the judiciary, Ayatollah Sadegh Larijani, to protest that she can't speak to her children on the telephone.
HRANA News Agency – Political prisoner, Sedigheh Moradi is suffering from meniscus tear and tendon in her feet and is held in the women's ward of Evin prison, and considering her problems and diseases, she needs to be sent to the hospital.
Iranhumanrights.org - The artist and civil activist Atena Farghadani, behind bars since January 10, 2015, went on a hunger strike in Evin Prison to protest continuous verbal abuse by prison staff, and she required urgent medical care when her blood pressure dropped, her mother Eshrat Ardestani told the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran.
- Imprisoned Activist’s Medical Condition Worsens as Trial Date is Set
- Woman Ex-prisoner Speaks Out About Evin Prison
- The woman given 12 years in jail for humiliating Iran's most powerful men on YouTube
- Jailed Activist Diagnosed with Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Prominent Women’s Rights Activist Held Illegally after Completion of Sentence
- Reactivated suspended sentence keeps activist in jail two more years
- Imprisoned Cartoonist Grateful for International Courage Award
- Ailing Student Activist’s Continued Detention Violates Iran’s Own Laws
- Jailed Human Rights Activist Narges Mohammadi Needs Urgent Medical Care
- IRAN: RIGHTS DEFENDER DENIED URGENT MEDICAL CARE: NARGES MOHAMMADI
Page 6 of 21